Sewage Treatment Plant Installation
At OMDI we provide sewage treatment plant installation, design and maintenance for domestic and commercial properties throughout the UK.
With more than 20 years’ experience designing and installing sewage treatment plants, our team of experts provides a complete turnkey solution.
What is a sewage treatment plant?
A sewage treatment plant processes your wastewater and sewage independently of the public water mains.
An environmentally-friendly process, it produces purified water that is clean enough to be discharged directly into a stream or ditch.
It is a potential solution if your property is located a large distance from a sewer.
They often require electricity to operate, and will also need regular servicing and emptying.
How do sewage treatment plants work?
A sewage treatment plant operates by circulating air to encourage the growth of naturally-occurring bacteria that breaks down sewage.
The goal is to deliver a cleaner effluent that is kinder to the environment.
The process itself involves removing any harmful contaminants before discharging non-polluting wastewater into a nearby stream or river without posing a threat to fish or plant life living in the surrounding area.
What are the benefits of installing a sewage treatment plant?
Whether you own a house or a commercial property, if you produce wastewater then you could benefit from the installation of a sewage treatment plant.
Here are five key benefits from having one:
- Minimal odour – modern sewage treatment plants give off very little odour
- No sewage bills – using the public sewers incurs regular bills. Having your own independent wastewater treatment plant will save you from having to pay to send your wastewater into already overstretched public sewers
- Little maintenance required – once your sewage treatment plant has been installed it will need little looking after to keep it ticking over. Sludge may need to be removed roughly every two years, and it’s advisable to have the system serviced often
- Reuse and recycle – once the wastewater has been treated, the environmentally-safe product can be reused or released back into the environment. Many people are now also using sludge produced by sewage treatment plants as a source of green energy
- Environmentally-friendly – sewage treatment plants use natural processes to filter contaminants and produce clean, non-polluting effluent that can then be released directly into a stream or ditch
Bespoke sewage treatment plant solutions
Choosing the right plant for your requirements can be tricky because there are many different manufacturers and products to choose from.
During an initial consultation, we will discuss the specifications of your building and your wastewater output before providing you with an expert opinion on which product best suits your requirements.
All the products we install at both commercial and domestic premises, are EN12566-3 certified and CE Marked – a legal requirement in the UK for all new plants.
Commercial sewage treatment plants
We install tanks of all different capacities, ranging from 6PE up to 200PE, and often beyond for larger commercial properties.
As with domestic sewage treatment plants there are many different types of system, including electric and non-electric plants, each with their own advantages.
We will provide informed advice on the pros and cons of each system – along with their suitability for your requirements – to help you decide on the best option.
Why choose OMDI?
At OMDI we pride ourselves in offering a truly personal service.
We are a family-run business, and we like to take time to build relationships with our clients, getting to know their specific needs so that we can provide them with the most efficient system possible for their property.
From your first enquiry to the completion of an installation, you will always deal with one of our team of members; we never outsource work to contractors.
Get in touch today
To find out more about our sewage treatment plant solutions, arrange a free, no-obligation quote or discuss your requirements with one of our experts.
That means that your new system has been certified to be watertight, structurally stable and durable as well as guaranteeing an effective and efficient treatment process.